Thursday, January 4, 2007

ERAGON

As well as running, I am also a religious novel reader. During the recent long school term holiday, I read quite a number of novels (mostly John Connoley) including kids' novels. Eragon was one of the best kids' novel I have ever read. It was just as good as those of the Harry Potter Series and the triology of The Lord of the Ring. Real page turner. It actually brought a boy out of me.

The Eragon movie was shown at the Empire Cinema recently (in December). To my dismay (I am sure those who read the book will agree with me), the flow of the story was totally different from that in the book. To summarise the book was one thing (I don't actually mind) but the worst thing was to change some parts of the story. For example, there were supposed to be dwarfs in the story (they play a very important part in the story), the urgals were supposed to have horns and the way Brom died was totally different from that depicted in the book............ On the whole it was a nice movie (for those who never read the book)

0 comments: