Sunday, August 31, 2008

THANK YOU... YOU!

I got this on my table yesterday.

It came with a lengthy note of appreciation. It was given by one of my previous STAR STUDENTS (Don't want to reveal the name for fear of embarrassing her). I don't get to see you yesterday so I think it is only right to thank you here in my blog. I was (and still am) touched by the note. I have never been appreciated this much before and I felt that I don't deserved this but knowing YOU I know it was sincerely written from your heart. For my future reference the following are extracted from the note. I will reminisce this in 10 or 20 years to come.

........... Words cannot describe how much I appreciate you as a teacher, as a friend and as a father figure. Two years under your wing has inspired me to be the best I can be. You always make me feel like I can be better and you push me to aim higher. I have fallen deeper in love with Science because of you and I would like you to know that you are one of the best teachers that I have ever had. I have no idea how I can repay you. I guess the only thing I can do is to study hard and make you proud...............

To YOU.... I thank you very much for this appreciation.... The part about me being a father figure is so touching and I think I understand why....... Actually its my duty to educate students the best I could and I don't expect for repayment but YES.... the way you can repay me is to study hard and be a successful someone.... (2 years back, of about 90 students I taught, you were the FIRST one I noticed for being special in your own way.... BE YOURSELF AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.....)

0 comments: