Sunday, January 14, 2007

5K AND 7K RUNS

The intention today was to do 10K at a faster speed than usual. I was to start at 9.6kmph and increase the speed by 0.1kmph for every kilometer covered. Somehow at about 4.5K mark, I felt that I could not push myself any faster. So I stopped at 5K mark.

Knowing that tomorrow and tuesday are my rest days, I felt that I have to run some more. So I did some speed training and another long run.

Here's the summary of today's workout:
* Stretching

* 5K run (Speed = 9.6kmph to 10kmph, Time = 30mins 37secs)

* 5K Intervals (400m walk at 6.5kmph to 6.8kmph/400m run at 10.5kmph to 11kmph)

* 7K run (Speed = 9.1kmph flat, Time = 46mins 31secs)

* Stretching

On the whole it was a considerably good workout though not according to plan. To Bruneian (a fellow blogger who is thinking on starting to run) and other avid fun runner to be, this fruitful workout is for you......He he he..........

0 comments: