My 5K run yesterday was so peculiar. I knew it was because of lack of motivation but I was so sure it could not have been that bad. So this morning, I went to the gym for the purpose of calibrating my running sensor. I started the workout with a 5K run. Indeed there was a big difference between the data recorded by the sensor and the data recorded by the treadmill. According to my sensor, I ran 5K for 33mins 14secs and according to the treadmill, with the same time, I managed to cover 5.6K. So after this run, I did some calibrations: 1K walking and 1K running. In both cases, the data recorded by the sensor matched with those recorded by the treadmill. After calibrating my sensor, I did a 3K run for checking. Yes, the data recorded in both were the same. NOTE TO SELF: Do regular calibrating for accuracy. And the best way to calibrate it is by using the treadmill. (To other nike+ipod users, DO check your nike+ipod regularly)
Friday, February 9, 2007
CALIBRATION WORKOUT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
good tips, how much you got the nike+ipod for?
Big investment for me actually:
1. $99 for the nike+ipod
2. $26 for the shoe pouch
3. $352 for 4G ipod nano
But its worth it...
yup that's true.. I hvnt calibrated mine using the treadmill though, I find that there's usually about 0.5-0.6km difference
Post a Comment