PRYNSA stands for Princess Rashidah Young Nature Scientist Award. It was officially launched in 1997 during the 1997 World Forestry Day celebration. This award is opened to all secondary schools in Brunei Darussalam.
Early this year I was asked by the principal to write a proposal for the upcoming 10th PRYNSA. So after much discussion with my wife, I came up with a sound proposal which was purposely designed in such a way that it is achievable by students and up to form four students' standard.
This afternoon, a ceremony was held at the Forestry Department to announce the five schools selected to go to the final. I went there with my colleague together with three of our students. There's a good news and a bad news. The good news was, Maktab Sains is very lucky this year to be selected amongst the five finalists (other schools: St Andrew, PDS School, Pg Hjh Mariam Secondary School and Sayyidina Hasan Secondary School). The bad news: more works for me. I really have a mixed feeling about this. My main concern right now is my form five students' "O" level examination this coming October (I hope they are as worried as I am - A relationship between a teacher and his/her students in this era is like a ONE SIDED love affair.... If you know what I mean). Hopefully by tomorrow, I will be more optimistic about this selection.
Early this year I was asked by the principal to write a proposal for the upcoming 10th PRYNSA. So after much discussion with my wife, I came up with a sound proposal which was purposely designed in such a way that it is achievable by students and up to form four students' standard.
This afternoon, a ceremony was held at the Forestry Department to announce the five schools selected to go to the final. I went there with my colleague together with three of our students. There's a good news and a bad news. The good news was, Maktab Sains is very lucky this year to be selected amongst the five finalists (other schools: St Andrew, PDS School, Pg Hjh Mariam Secondary School and Sayyidina Hasan Secondary School). The bad news: more works for me. I really have a mixed feeling about this. My main concern right now is my form five students' "O" level examination this coming October (I hope they are as worried as I am - A relationship between a teacher and his/her students in this era is like a ONE SIDED love affair.... If you know what I mean). Hopefully by tomorrow, I will be more optimistic about this selection.


2 comments:
I was there and didn't know you and AnakBrunei were there as well. What a missed opportunity to say Hi.
I was the one receiving the fake cheque for Maktab Sains...
Post a Comment