A much more fruitful fieldwork today. We found quite a number of species growing on more diverse kinds of host plants compared to yesterday's fieldwork at Bukit Shahbandar. I got to collect some shorea fruits and the pine cones were as big as my fist. I even spotted ants five times the size of the normal ants straying around in our house.
Pine Cones
Our next outing will be somewhere nearby this morning's site. It will be this coming Thursday and the meeting place is at MS at 7am. Hopefully all members' enthusiasm and full commitment will still be there this Thursday. After this Thursday's fieldwork, we should have two more fieldworks, may be next week, Wednesday and Thursday. After that, we can then enjoy the "left over" of our holidays. To all members, have a nice rest tomorrow!
AND one of the ferns we found this morning has this medicinal value that really thrills me. According to the "Uncle" (one of the forestry guide), the shoot of this particular fern is actually a remedy for back pain. He learned this from one tourist from China many years ago. So upon knowing this fact, I tried to find as many as possible but in vain. I managed to collect two and I hope it will help to alleviate my back pain. My mission in the next three fieldworks is to find and collect as many as possible *grin*.
Oh yes.... HORN-BILLS .... yes. A flock of five of them were flying low just above us and believe it or not I was so stunned that I forgot to take some pics despite having my camera with me during that time. I remembered clearly the sound of their wings flipping against the wind. Before that, we thought a group of bees were coming towards us. Simply amazing!
AND one of the ferns we found this morning has this medicinal value that really thrills me. According to the "Uncle" (one of the forestry guide), the shoot of this particular fern is actually a remedy for back pain. He learned this from one tourist from China many years ago. So upon knowing this fact, I tried to find as many as possible but in vain. I managed to collect two and I hope it will help to alleviate my back pain. My mission in the next three fieldworks is to find and collect as many as possible *grin*.
Oh yes.... HORN-BILLS .... yes. A flock of five of them were flying low just above us and believe it or not I was so stunned that I forgot to take some pics despite having my camera with me during that time. I remembered clearly the sound of their wings flipping against the wind. Before that, we thought a group of bees were coming towards us. Simply amazing!




0 comments:
Post a Comment