Friday, June 22, 2007

MY BEST 5K

NO..... it was not an outdoor run like I planned to do. In fact I was not in the mood to run today after the two consecutive days PRYNSA fieldworks in the forest. But if I did not do any workout this morning, I knew I would be one CRANKY old man. So with heavy heart I went to the gym to do one good long run. After one kilometer on the treadmill, I felt that my boredom was already reaching its maximum level but I kept on telling myself to keep on running to make my journey to the gym worth my while. I knew after the one kilometer mark that I would not be able to do a long run so I pushed myself to do a short but faster run. As a result I was one HAPPY CAMPER and I managed to record my new personal best for 5K - 23 minutes 13 seconds. The chart speaks:


The following chart shows my current rank amongst Nike+ipod users:


Apart from the run, I also did a 50 minutes exercise using the elliptical machine (Course = a combination of Himalayan trek and Steady climb; Resistance = 8 to 10).

0 comments: