From what I have read in the "Runners' world", fartlek is a speed building-up technique. It can be done in several ways:
* Alternate sprinting with slow running (for example: 500m sprinting alternate with 500m slow running for a cumulative distance of at least 5K)
* Alternate sprinting with walking (for example: 200m sprinting alternate with 200m walking for a cumulative distance of at least 5K)
* Running up a hill/walking down the same hill (repetations depend on the height of the hill)
In which ever way it is to be done, proper stretching before and after the fartlek training (just as a regular running training) is advised. And it is good to walk before and after the stretching. I am thinking of doing fartlek at Padang Kebajikan this Sunday coz' I can't seem to improve my speed on the treadmill without pain. Well, age is not on my side nowadays. But I am determine to grow old healthy..............To my beloved wife, please support me by not practising your culinary ability too often.....He.....he.......
(I really miss the time (about 6 years back) when I was able to run at a speed of 12.0 to 12.5kmph - Hope I will be able to do it again.................)
Tuesday, January 2, 2007
FARTLEK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment