MS's first topical test was officially over today. I have finished marking the papers of all my four classes. Generally disappointing. I knew the paper was a tough one. To the scale of ten, I can say the paper was a 9. I even told my students about the degree of difficulty of the paper way before the test. In addition, this one hour paper was purposely set in such a way that it should actually be done in one and a half hour. Imagine having have to answer 10 multiple choice questions, 5 long structured questions and 2 essay questions in one hour!!!
Generally disappointing I said earlier. Yes truly disappointing because by looking at the way the students answered the questions, it was obvious that they were totally not prepared for the test (except for some hardworking students, they managed to pull it through despite the difficulty - Well done!!!!!). But then, this week the students were actually sitting for 3 to 4 tests per day. Could be a good excuse (to some) not to do well.
Well, enough said. I HOPE this first test is a WAKE UP CALL for all my students. When I said all my students, I meant to those who care to listen (WHO TAKE THINGS POSITIVELY) to my constant advices, motivation and praises. Those who are "IMMUNE" to these, just put a deaf ear to them OK............ Well, touchy me.... why? because only recently, I praised some students and they all ended up thinking negatively (one even freaked out) of my advices and praises (SO much for being CARING)..... NOTE TO SELF: Do not get too involved... should I have to do it....... DO it moderately and to the right PERSON.......... )
Too all my students.... Have a nice break tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
Example of the questions:
1. Some athletes artificially increase the number of their red blood cells. Suggest a possible danger to them of this practice.
2. Suggest and explain how the composition of oxygen in inspired air and expired air might be different for a person whose diet had been deficient in iron over a period of several years.
Saturday, February 10, 2007
HOPEFULLY, A WAKE UP CALL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment