Before today, to go to the JPMC gym and to run on the big treadmill, is a big NO NO to me. Because it never fail to cause pain and discomfort on my knees. But today I have to run on it as my favourite small treadmill was occupied by other gym member. Reluctant actually, I have to use it and the moment I started running at a speed of 9.3kmph, it started to show its MAGICAL effect (the usual knee pain effect). My knees were hurting but I was telling myself not to stop because I wanted to make the journey to the gym worth it. As I increased the speed up to 9.5kmph, I began to feel comfortable and I noticed the "springy" feeling of the treadmill decreased as I increased the speed more. As I passed the 5K mark at about 27 minutes, I began to feel more and more comfortable. At this point my speed was already reaching 10.5kmph. Since the mood was there, so I continued increasing my speed up to 11kmph until I finished my run at 9K. I wanted to push further up to 10K but I felt that I have no more spare energy available to continue the run. The following chart summarises the run. It can be seen that this run was a consistent run.The following chart shows that I am supposed to run a total of about 33K by today. But as of today, my total distance was only about 27K. So I am short by about 6K and I have 22 days left to complete my mission.
BTW, about this BIG TREADMILL running, it was the most comfortable running ever on a treadmill. No wonder my fellow running bloggers, RF and Murabiyyah like to run on it rather than the small one. To both of you, SALUTE.........
Saturday, March 3, 2007
THE BIG TREADMILL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Now the gym got to put in more big treadmills... another gym member here just realise the MAGICAL effect :)
I must admit it is way better than the small one... the springy effect does help at higher speed...
somehow I can't really notice the difference actually, but I do realise the smaller ones are a bit narrow so I tend to lose my balance sometimes...
Don't you guys notice that sometimes the treadmill makes 'whirring' noises? especially the one on the farthest left...
Apart from the narowness, the small one is much harder to run on... but on the good side it is more like running on the road, so you tend to be more adapted better when running outdoor. But for comfort, the big treadmill is the best. I remember the furthest one is the one which is always having technical problem.
For me, smaller treadmill feels like running on the road... bigger treadmill feel like running on the field. I like the softer impact of the bigger treadmill.
The narrow width don't bother me but I think the treadmill getting old maybe kan pencen ia sudah. Ganti tah yg baru....
haha bacam balik balik sudah RF has been hinting for the gym to get new treadmills. We should all komplot and ask tony to put in more treadmills, I m guessing they have a bigger budget now judg8ing from all those new faces at the gym!
He he... they should get more treadmills rather than otehr machines.... RF try to whispher it to Tony...
I did talk to him early this year or maybe end of last year... he did said maybe this year they will get one more big treadmill...
Tapi inda jua dapat dipaksa... shukur tah sudah with the facilities there
Post a Comment