Saturday, March 3, 2007

TEN THINGS I HATE ABOUT RUNNING OUTDOOR

The following are things that I experienced ever since I was into running:
1. The urge to pee in the middle of running.

2. Your i-pod/mp3 player plays sentimental songs while you are running (Especially when you are using shuffle mode. So be very careful with your playlist before starting to run)

3. Passer-by who gawks especially when you are running in a park like the Damuan Recreational Park.

4. Slow runners who run side by side especially in narrow route, hindering runners at the back to over take them.

5. The batteries of your i-pod/mp3 player run out in the middle of running, especially when you are using mp3 player (Suggestion: bring spare batteries. Who am I kidding? Changing the batteries while running? Yeah... right!)

6. Having chatty running partner...... Hence the reason, I prefer to run alone (Point to be remembered: talking while running can deplete your energy reserve faster! Better to use the energy for running rather than for talking)

7. Running against the wind. My god.... I experienced this recently while I was running on the Jerudong Highway. I actually ran against the wind almost through out the whole run.

8. Having muscle cramp or knee pain in the middle of running. I experienced this last week. I had to walk back after the muscle cramp.

9. Chased by beasts like dogs. Once (20 years ago) I experienced being chased by a dog but I was not aware because I was using walkman during that time. The dog was actually barking at me for god knows how long until it got fade up and turned away (Hmmm.... why didn't it just simply bite my butt.... I guess I have to be aware of its presence first before it decides to bite)

10.The urge to defecate..... When I was much younger, I was so desperate that I jumped into some bushes to do my BUSINESS... and used the surrounding leaves for washing... euuu!!!! This happened when I was running outside the stadium (the outermost route). I think the indoor stadium, the hockey field and the swimming pool were not there yet. (Note to self: Always do your BUSINESS first before running outdoor)

3 comments:

Murabiyyah said...

hahaha lol! too much information!!! amusing but true though, especially the part you said about gawkers, I've had a few unpleasant experiences myself, such as strangers driving by and stopping just to stare and smile eeriely! erkkk..

Once a pervy stranger whispered obscenities to me as I jogged past him. psfttttt..

Zainal Haji Ahmad said...

How true... that's an experience a lady runner has to endure. Many years ago, my wife experienced the same thing... oh yes, the eleventh thing just happened this morning. The jogging track at Bukit Shahbandar was blocked by a group of monkeys... so my wife has to stop her walk... Lucky by the time this happended, she already did 8K.

BTW, female runner is more vulnerable than the male counterpart. So always be careful and be alert at all time when doing your run!

Murabiyyah said...

Thanks for the advice Adidarwish, insyaAllah.. mudahan saja selamat hehe

Chali jua ah, you always have nature in your way!! :D